1.ImgBurn: ImgBurn is probably the best free CD/DVD burning tool available. ImgBurn supports a wide range of image file formats - including BIN, DI, DVD, GI, IMG, ISO, MDS, NRG and PDI. It supports Unicode folder/file names, so you shouldn't run in to any problems if you're using an international character set. ImgBurn supports all the Windows OS's - Windows 95, 98, Me, NT, 2000, XP, 2003 and Vista (including all the 64-bit versions). If you use Wine, it should also run on Linux and other x86-based Unfixes.
2. CDBurnerXP: CD Burner XP is a great software. Apart from CDs and DVDs, you can also burn Blue-Ray and HD-DVDs with it. It also includes the feature to burn and create ISOs, as well as a Multilanguage interface.
Operating Systems supported- Windows 2000/XP/2003 Server/Vista.
3. InfraRecorder: InfraRecorder is a free CD/DVD burning solution for Microsoft Windows. It offers a wide range of powerful features; all through an easy to use application interface and Windows Explorer integration.
4. Express Burn Express Burn is a free CD burning program that lets you create and record audio and data CDs under Windows and Mac OS X. This software has a great user friendly interface. To use it all you need to do is drag and drop files. One thing surprises me; well I don't know how far it's true; the makers of this software claim that Express Burn is the fastest CD/DVD writing program in the world using proprietary optimizing systems.
5. Ultimate CD/DVD Burner: Ultimate CD/DVD Burner is a simple and easy to use CD and DVD burning software package. It supports a very wide range of internal and external (USB 2.0 and FireWire) CD and DVD writers. Burn any data, copy any disc, make backups, create astonishing photo CD albums, and make ISO CDs with this very easy to handle software!
6. DeepBurner Free Portable: Deep Burner Free Portable is free, advanced, and extremely powerful CD and DVD burning package. It removes the hassle of making CDs, DVDs, and auto runs. Deep Burner Free Portable works straight from your removable media, whether it's a USB flash drive, compact flash card, or even a good old floppy. Burn any data, copy any disc, make backups, and make ISO CDs with this very easy to handle software!
7. StarBurn Star Burn is a powerful tool for grabbing, burning and mastering CD, DVD, Blue-Ray and HD-DVD media. Star Burn supports all types of optical storage media (including CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, BD-R/RE, HD-DVD-R/RW and DVD-RAM) as well as a wide variety of burning hardware.
With Star Burn you can perform grabbing, copying and burning operations as well as advanced DVD authoring and mastering. These advanced features enable you to create DVD-Video content from custom video files, or compilations from other DVDs. Additionally with the DVD Splitting Wizard you can split DVD-Video discs into smaller parts and burn them to DVD writable discs or share them with the Star Port DVD-ROM emulator and watch DVD video directly on your PC
8. FinalBurner: Final Burner is a freeware alternative to expensive CD and DVD recorders. It allows users to produce professional data, audio, video disks and ISO images. Many types of media are supported, including CD R/RW, DVD+R/RW, DVD-R/RW, DVD DL.
9. BurnAware Burn Aware allows you to easily perform the most common disc burning operations: write to all CD/DVD media types, including Blue-Ray (BD-R/BD-RE); create and burn disc images; write multi-session discs; verify the integrity of files; burn your compilations directly on optical media, without having to wait for hard drive staging first and much more.
Operating systems supported- NT, 2000, XP and Vista
10. Disc Master: Disc Master is a solution for data burning and backup for CD and DVD recordable and rewritable discs, from Corel. Fast copy CD to CD or DVD to DVD, backup files, create mixed mode, or enhanced multi-session CDs. Supports CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW, and DVD-RAM.